Wavestage Dance Captains
The Dance Captain is a member of the company who maintains the artistic standards of all choreography and/or musical staging in a production. The Dance Captain shall always work in tandem with the Choreographer & Director in conveying and maintaining the creative intentions of the Artistic Staff. Wavestage Dance Captains will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Taking detailed choreography notes for full songs that they are performing in. This ensures that the Dance Captain is able to answer questions about choreography and be aware of when a performer is struggling with the choreography.
- Being available in person and online for questions from cast members regarding choreography.
- Providing choreography notes to cast members that follow the original vision of the choreographer.
- Abiding by the Wavestage Code of Conduct and being a good representative of our company in and outside of rehearsals.
- Respecting the individual differences and skill sets of each performer and adapting instruction methods to accommodate learning styles. A Wavestage Dance Captain should always be encouraging, friendly, and open, never condescending.
- Arranging impromptu touch-ups or drills in between called rehearsals/performances. Ie. If you notice that some people are waiting for a rehearsal to start, take initiative and ask if they want to go over such and such tricky bars from a particular number.