Wavestage Theatre Company is currently auditioning for supporting roles in their November 2016 production of SHREK THE MUSICAL. Based on the 2001 DreamWorks film, Shrek The Musical is the heartwarmingly-upended fairy tale featuring a crusty but loveable ogre who goes on a life-changing adventure to reclaim the deed to his swamp. Together with a wise-cracking donkey, a defiant princess, a vertically challenged bad guy and a gang of storybook misfits, this unlikely hero discovers that real friendship and true love are not only found in fairy tales.
AUDITIONS WILL BE HELD BY APPOINTMENT IN TORONTO on June 25, 2016. Video auditions accepted until June 30.
REHEARSALS: Rehearsals will be held in Newmarket (461 Park Ave) beginning September 10, 2016 on Saturdays between 3:30-9pm and Sunday's between 1:30-7pm. Due to the short rehearsal period (10 weeks), all rehearsals are mandatory (for scenes called). Performers will be called for rehearsal as broken down by scene.
PERFORMANCES: This production will be performed at Newmarket Theatre from November 17-20, 2016.
Non-union. Non-paying. Performers will be required to pay a costume fee and help with painting or building a set.
AUDITION INFO (PLEASE READ)
- Please prepare two selections of contrasting songs (32 bars). Bring accompaniment track on iPhone or iPad etc. (anything with an aux input).
- Please bring an updated resume.
- Please bring a printed copy of your headshot (either colour or black and white).
- Currently accepting video auditions until June 30, 2016. Please email email@example.com with your video (follow audition requirements detailed above), resume, and headshot.
- Supporting characters: many featured roles with lines, solos, dances, or action. Roles include: Humpty Dumpty (strong belter), Big Bad Wolf, Papa Bear, Mama Bear, Baby Bear, Ugly Duckling, Peter Pan, Shoemaker’s Elf, White Rabbit, Mad Hatter, Three Blind Mice (trio, strong harmonies), Three Little Pigs (trio, strong harmonies).
Ensemble: ensemble will portray tap-dancing rats, various fairytale creatures, knights, happy people, skeletons, angry mob.