WAVESTAGE CODE OF CONDUCT
Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct thoroughly before arriving to your first rehearsal. These expectations are outlined for the benefit of our cast and creative team, allowing us to work together cohesively on our theatrical productions.
- TREATING your body with respect. Members are expected to abstain from drugs and alcohol for the safety of other performers and themselves. Performers found to be under the influence will be removed immediately.
- ARRIVING to rehearsals in proper clothing, footwear, and hygiene.
RESPECT THE TEAM
- REFRAINING from talking to other cast members in the rehearsal room whilst others are working on stage.
- BEING supportive of the contributions of all cast members, leaving critique for the creative team only.
- CONSIDERING the value and differences of all members of the team.
- REFRAINING from any behaviour that constitutes harassment, where harassment is defined as comment or conduct directed towards an individual or group, which is offensive, abusive, racist, sexist, degrading or malicious.
- EXPRESSING your concerns or grievances “up, not out” – inform our director, not your team.
- LOOKING upon the production as a collaborative effort demanding your individual effort and cooperation.
- ATTENDING all Wavestage productions to support the company as a whole.
- TRUSTING in your creative team and be open to new methods, direction and teaching strategies.
RESPECT THE PROJECT
- ARRIVING at rehearsals prepared and on-time.
- BEING ready to work when the rehearsal begins.
- RESPECTING the choices and changes made by the creative team.
- PROMOTING AND SUPPORTING the project through ticket sales and social media activity.
RESPECT THE SPACE
- LEAVING the rehearsal and performance space as you found it.
- BEHAVING appropriately so as to not jeopardize our continued use of the space.