Considering signing up for our upcoming 8-week Theatre Acting Workshop? Here are our Top 10 Reasons to register:
- It's a great opportunity to go outside of your comfort zone and push yourself to improve your talent.
- In general, acting classes will help you get in contact with your emotions; bringing them out from hiding, and facing them. This isn’t going to make you into some huge cry-baby, it’s going to free you on so many levels to feel and express yourself in a truthful way.
- It’s well documented that living in the moment will increase your happiness, and decrease your level of anxiety and depression. Acting teaches you exactly that. To act, you must live in the moment. You must focus on being completely in the moment to bring life to the character and to be true.
- If you take the leap, you’ll find an arena where experimentation and failure are encouraged in order for you to learn and improve. Through the process of learning to act in front of a group, you will gain a lot of confidence in yourself, your creative abilities, and your ability to perform.
- Struggling with creativity? Acting classes can help you get in touch with your creative engine. Acting is an art, and as you do it, you will need the use of your creative abilities. As you learn to exercise your creative muscle, it's effects will start to permeate other areas of your life. Who doesn’t want that?
- Through acting classes, you will learn how to tell a story to an audience. Not just to keep an audience’s attention, but to have them on the edges of their seats waiting to hear that next word. This is an incredible feeling, and one which I hope everyone can experience at some point in their lives, through acting or otherwise. In class, you will learn the art of suspense, pausing, and through practice learn how to feel the pulse of the audience.
- By acting out the lives of others, we gain a deeper understanding of the human condition. Through great plays, you begin to have a deeper understanding of the world, and will discover things about yourself that may surprise you. You may find courage within you that you never expected. You may find anger, sadness, or immense happiness where you never looked before. As you work through these emotions, you will get in touch with your true self.
- Having an audience eat from the palm of your hand is nice, but sometimes you just need to know how to get a very important point across to one person. An acting class can teach you not to suppress your emotions and how to use your body to communicate effectively. This can help in any situation where you need to make a point.
- We’ve become a largely cerebral society. We think and think about everything, and are constantly trying to become more aware of our mind and spirit. But what about our bodies? They are the vessel with which we connect our mind and spirit with the world. Learn how your body moves, and the emotions it can bring out. Learn to really get in touch with your body, and what it’s telling you.
- Following your impulses. This is key to finding your creative engine, and living in the moment. In acting, you learn to follow your impulses. Though not always practical outside of acting, at least being aware of your impulses is a great start to living more truthfully to who you really are.
REGISTER TODAY! You can be part of a great tradition spanning back more than a thousand years; the tradition of putting on a performance for changing a moment in time, and making magic.